I purchased this car some 7 years and 175 000km ago and it still makes me smile every time I drive it. It is my daily driver so it needs to be comfortable and reliable but still fun to drive. As a result this car has seen countless changes over the years as i have progressively made 'improvements'. I use the term 'improvements' loosely because that's always a matter of opinion but lets just say that originality wasn't high on my list.
Modifications to the car include:
- 26mm Ford Falcon front sway bar
- Lowered 30mm with King Springs
- Bilstein HD shocks
- Lower chassis braces
- Poly bushes in most of the suspension
- Ported and polished head with larger exhaust valves
- Rebuilt M46 (manual 4spd + OD, originally was a BW55 3spd automatic)
- Electric radiator fan
- Rebuilt engine featuring BMW oil squirters to cool the pistons
- Tinted windows
- Black interior (originally tan)
- Hand polished wheels
- Chalkboard paint. Yes you read right, my Volvo is a chalkboard. The clear-coat on the roof and boot failed and I was to busy with my other projects to repaint the car properly.
Unfortunately my Volvo obsession doesn't stop with just this car... I also own a couple others...
- 1979 242 GT
- 1975 242 DL
- 1983 244 GLE
- 1981 244 GL
- 1983 244 DL
- 1971 164
- 1986 245 GL
Want to know more? Contact me.